SAFETY DECISION 2020-21
Date of Issue: August 17, 2020
IMPLEMENTATION OF PCR TEST PROCEDURES FOR TRAVELERS AND ASSOCIATED DETERRENT ACTIONS
SAFETY DECISION 2020-20
PCR testing remains a challenge in terms of implementation in particular when tests are conducted
outside the jurisdiction of the UAE (i.e. abroad). Therefore, it is important to establish and implement a
mechanism to ensure that PCR Test for arriving passengers are checked as expected by the UAE Health
This Safety Decision applies to:
a) All UAE Airports; and
b) All aircraft operators (including foreign operators) conducting flights from/to the UAE Airports.
REQUIREMENT No. 1: PCR TEST FOR PASSENGERS ARRIVING AT UAE AIRPORTS
As per established UAE Protocol for Travelers, the following shall apply:
a) All travelers flying to UAE shall present a valid PCR test report at time of check-in to the aircraft
b) Aircraft Operator shall document and keep a record of compliance with this requirement and shall
ensure that check-in agents responsible for verifying the validity of the PCR test understand their
c) The PCR Test report is valid when:
i) result is negative;
ii) test was conducted within last 96 hours before flight; and
iii) it was conducted by a medical facility accredited by Pure Health:
https://screening.purehealth.ae/application or by a laboratory accredited by the state of departure
iv) The certificate issued by the medical facilities is authentic and is not altered.
d) Aircraft Operators shall comply with UAE AIP GEN 1.3.4 regarding advance passenger information
SAFETY DECISION 2020-21 – ISSUE 01 Page 2 of 2
REQUIREMENT No. 2: DETERRENT ACTION
a) Aircraft Operators not in compliance with above requirement No. 1 shall be subject to regulatory
i) On the first non-compliance, the operator will be issued a warning letter; and the affected
passengers may not be permitted to enter the UAE, the operator shall bear any costs resulting from
ii) On any subsequent violation, or if the violation is considered of a serious nature by the UAE
concerned entities, the operator will be suspended for 15 calendar days.
b) Prior to their restart operations (following a suspension), concerned aircraft operators shall obtain
an authorization from the GCAA which will be granted upon showing acceptable corrective and
preventive actions taken by the operator to prevent future violation
c) Any deterrent action, which is taken pursuant to this SAFETY DECISION, will be in addition to other
legal actions, which may be applicable.
Communication and reporting to the GCAA using following email: P&R@gcaa.gov.ae
LIST OF LABORATORIES
PROVIDING COVID-19 PCR TEST CERTIFICATES FOR ENTRY TO DUBAI
• Pathologist Lancet Kenya
• Kenya Medical Research Institute – KEMRI
• Aga khan Hospital
• Nairobi Hospital
• Kenyatta Hospital
• Nairobi West Hospital
• M.P. Shah
• Mbagathi Hospital
• Mombasa Hospital
COVID 19 TEST
PCR Negative Covid certificates should be validate from date of sample collection and should not exceed 96hrs.
Traveling to Dubai what you need to know;
Before booking your flights
- Check you meet the visa requirements for the UAE
- If required, make sure you can obtain a negative COVID-19 test result issued in the country from which you are traveling. If necessary, you must be able to present a printed copy of your negative COVID-19 PCR test result in English or Arabic at check-in to be accepted for travel. Soft copies on mobile phones will not be accepted.
- Ensure you have adequate international health insurance cover.
- Print and complete a health declaration form stating you are fit to travel and have health insurance valid for UAE. This form needs to be handed over when checking in for any flight to Dubai.
- Print and complete an undertaking form acknowledged that you will download the COVID-19 DXB app, self-quarantine as required, and follow measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. This form needs to be handed over to the Dubai Health Authority on arrival in Dubai.
- Take a PCR test ahead of travel and be able to present a printed copy of negative test results(issued no more than 96 hours prior to arrival in Dubai)This means you will not be required to quarantine in Dubai. If you are unable to obtain a PCR test result ahead of traveling, you will need to quarantine until you receive your results.
Arriving in Dubai;
When you arrive In Dubai, you will need to;
- Get PCR-tested at the airport(unless you are able to present a negative result issued within the last 96 hours). You will need to quarantine until you receive your results. If you test positive for COVID-19, you must quarantine for 14days.
- Download the COVID19-DXB Smart App (from Apple App Store or from Google Play Store)to register with the Dubai Health Authority before leaving the airport. There is free WI-FI at Dubai International(DXB).
You will need to comply with all the precautionary COVID-19 measures in place in Dubai, including wearing a mask, Observing social distancing, and washing your hand regularly.
Please check the updated requirements from the Airlines too as Dubai is always working on to ease the travel process for visitors.
GLOBAL VISA UPDATES: DUBAI VISA APPLICATIONS POST COVID-19
It is our sincere hope that you are all well and keeping safe. After the abrupt suspension of all travel due to the COVID-19 pandemic that hit all operations, we are now back and ready to offer our services. Our online portal is now open and you may log in using the same USERNAME and PASSWORD for your respective agencies.
Note that at the moment the portal is open from 9.00 am to 3.00 p.m till further notice.
During these trying times, we would encourage all agencies to take advantage of the VMS online portal to avoid physical contact as much as possible.