us visa application kenya

Citizens of many countries require a valid B1/B2 visa before traveling to the United States of America.

B1/B2 is a category of “non-immigrant” visa for persons wishing to enter the United States temporarily for business (category B1 visa), for tourism (category B2 visa) or a combination of both purposes (B1/B2). The U.S. government generally issues B1/B2 visas rather than just a B1 or a B2 visa.

We provide a number of premium submission and processing services for consumer and corporate clients who require USA visas for travel to the United States for tourism, business, transit, work, marriage, academic or investment purposes.

If you wish to utilize our extensive knowledge in visa services, do not delay to give us a call or send us a query through easy-to-use online form or email. We’ll begin with the procedures right away!

USA Visa Requirements

How we can help you

Elisa Travel Assistance

Before your interview, we will coach you and  give you a complete package about what to expect from your interview and provide you with a list of documents you should bring along with you on the day of the interview. After your interview, the US Embassy will likely keep hold of your passport to place the visa sticker in it.

Ink-free, digital fingerprint scans will be taken as part of your application process. They are usually taken during your interview, but this varies based on location.

Important: Elisa Travel does not have any sort of relationship with the United States government. The U.S. Department of State is responsible for deciding if your B1/B2 visa is approved.Elisa Travel does not guarantee you will obtain the visa, but our years of experience improve your chances (we have over 99% approval rate). Our services are limited to helping you quickly and effectively complete the visa application process.

Let Elisa Travel take care of arranging your interview for the U.S. B1/B2 visa!

Here’s how it works:

  1. You fill out our simple online form, upload your documents and pay.
  2. With the information you provide, Elisa Travel will submit the DS-160 form on your behalf to the U.S. government.
  3. Pay embassy fees.
  4. After coordinating with you the best time and date, Elisa Travel schedules your interview appointment  at your chosen U.S. embassy / consulate.
  5. You attend your interview, ace it, and leave your passport with the U.S. embassy / consulate to issue the visa.
  6. You collect your passport with your U.S. B1/B2 visa in it.

We recommend you submit your application at least 8 weeks before your estimated arrival date to the United States.

General Required Documents – For All Visa Types

  • Current Passport valid for travel to the United States. The passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the period of stay in the United States (unless exempt by country-specific agreements).
  • Passport containing the most recently issued U.S. Visa (if applicable).
  • Nonimmigrant Visa Application.
  • Confirmation and Instructions page printed from this website.
  • One 5 x 5 cm (or 2″ x 2″) color photo taken within the last 6 months.
  • Accompanying family members, unless entering the United States for another purpose, should present an original marriage certificate (spouse) and/or birth certification (for unmarried children under 21), as applicable. Many visa types require additional documents. Please see the section below.

Additional Required Documents – Depending on Visa Type

(A) Visitor: Business, Tourism, Medical Treatment

  • Be ready to present the following documents, if traveling for medical treatment:
    • Medical diagnosis from a local physician, explaining the nature of the ailment and the reason treatment is needed in the United States.
    • Letter from a physician or medical facility in the United States stating the willingness to treat the diagnosed ailment, and detailing the projected length and cost of treatment (including doctors’ fees, hospitalization fees, and all medical-related expenses).
    • Proof that the patient’s transportation, medical, and living expenses in the United States will be paid. This may be in the form of bank or other statements of income/savings or certified copies of income tax returns (either the patient’s or the person or organization paying for the treatment).

The following documents may be useful in support of your visa application:

  • Intention to depart the United States upon completion of your travel.
  • Sufficient funds to cover all expenses while in the United States.
  • Evidence that you have significant ties to the country to which you intend to return at the end of your stay in the United States (This is generally established by evidence of family, professional, property, employment or other ties and commitments to a country other than the United States.)

(B) Transiting the United States

  • Evidence to transit the United States while traveling onward to another country and the intention to depart the United States.
  • Evidence of sufficient funds to cover all expenses while in the United States.
  • Evidence to show that the applicant has a residence abroad to which he/she intends to return at the end of the stay in the United States. This is generally established by evidence of family, professional, property, employment or other ties and commitments to some country other than the United States sufficient to cause the applicant to return there at the conclusion of his/her stay.

” We try as much as possible to help you  sucessfuly acquire visa for your country of choice “

Our services

Our process, refined over many years, takes the frustration and mystery out of applying for a visa.

How to Apply with us.

Simply email , or call us on 0724868497 and our representatives will get in touch with you. Rest assured of absolute visa assistance without any hidden charges.

FAQ - Clients

Our FAQ list is mean to guide individuals looking for simple answers to questions regarding US visas and immigration and is no way intended to suggest the type of services we offer, unless noted.

Non-Immigrant Visas FAQs

Do I require a visa to visit the United States?

Individuals who are not eligible to enter the US via the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), or who are not exempt from the visa requirement, or individuals who have been denied an ESTA, will require a US Visa. Travellers requiring visas are those who are transiting through the USA to another destination.

What is a visa waiver?

A visa waiver allows individuals of certain countries (i.e. 38 countries as of 2016) to travel to the United States, without a visa, for up to 90 days. A visa waiver can be used for tourism, business, transit or medical purposes yet can not be used to partake in paid employment with a US company.

Can I work in the USA on a B-1 Business Visa, B-2 Tourist Visa or Visa waiver?

No. If your intention is to go to the USA to work for a company, yourself or find work, you will need to apply for a work visa such as the H-1 or H-2 visas.

The B-1 and B-2 are for persons travelling to the USA for a period of 6 months or less to conduct business on behalf of their company/company they work for in terms of business meetings, negotiations or contracts. The visa waiver (ESTA) allows for travel to the United States for up to 90 days for tourism, business, transit or medical treatment purposes.

What type of visa will I need for working?

There are a number of visa types for working in the United States and depend on the purpose of your travel. For a comprehensive list of the visa categories, please visit the Visa Requirements section for additional information.

Are return tickets required with a valid visa?

No. If you have a valid visa you are not required to be in possession of a round-trip or onward ticket.

However, at the passport control border, an official may ask you about your travel/ stay plans, so having your return ticket may be helpful, but not essential.

I have a US visa on an expired passport

You can a valid US visa if you traveling to the US for the same purpose as when the visa was issued as well as carry a valid passport of the same nationality. If the passport is damaged or clipped, and thus, damaged the US visa, the US visa will no longer be valid and cannot be used for US travel.

How long can I stay on a US Visa?

The permitted duration of your stay depends on the type of non-immigrant visa you have obtained. Typically, non-immigrant visas can be issued anywhere between 3 months to 10 years.

What is the difference between a F-1 and J-1 visa?

A F-1 visa is student visa that is needed if you are wanting to study in the USA at a college, school or university.

A J-1 visa is a visa for an exchange student, who will only temporarily be staying in the USA.

If you are going to study a short course (i.e a cooking class, or a class that is only a few days, weeks), you can travel to the USA on a tourist visa.

Can I work on a F-1 student visa?

A F-1 student can accept work of up to 20 hours per week from on-campus employment during the school term.

During the vacation period, a F-1 student can work full-time provided the student is going to continue with schooling after the vacation period is finished.

How long can I remain in the United States at the end of the study program?

If you have a J-1 visa, you may remain in the United States for up to 30 days at the end of the program.

If you have a F-1 visa, you may remain for a period of 60 days after completion before leaving the USA.

My visa application has been refused. Why can I not get my money back?

When you applying for your visa, the application form states that the fee payable is an application fee, not for a successful visa. Everyone who applies for a USA visa is required to pay this fee which covers the cost of adjudicating your application.

The application form also states that the fee is non-refundable as in order for your visa application to be successful, it must be reviewed. This is what the fee is for.

If your application was refused under Section 214(b) and you choose to reapply for a visa, you will be required to pay the application fee again.

Why was my ESTA refused? I was honest on the form about having a criminal record.

An ESTA (on the Visa waiver program) is for a person who is from an eligible VWP country wishing to travel to the USA for a short period on holiday/business

As this type of application does not do extensive background checks, it is only approved for individuals with no prior history of criminal records or a history of being previously denied entry to the USA, or a previous refused visa.

If your ESTA was refused, this does not mean you cannot visit the USA. It is recommended that you apply for a full non-immigration visa, where you can explain your situation to an embassy official in a conducted interview.

Why is a police certificate required for an immigrant visa application?

The term police certificate means a statement which will advise the consular officer whether or not any criminal convictions are held in your name.

Immigrant Visas FAQs

Can we apply for the fiancé(e) visa while my fiancé(e) is in the United States?

No. He or she is required to enter the USA on the fiancé(e) visa. Therefore, the applicant for a fiancé(e) visa must apply for the fiancé(e) at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate outside the USA.

My fiancé(e) and I will not marry within 90 days of our arrival. Can he/she still apply for a fiancé(e) visa?

No. If the marriage is not going to be taking place within the 90 days period of the fiancé(e) visa applicant’s arrival into the USA, it will not be possible to process an application for a fiancé(e) visa.

An immigrant visa will be required. The Visa Waiver Program or a non-immigrant visitor/work visa is not appropriate.

Can I extend my US citizenship to my spouse?

A US citizen cannot by association transmit citizenship to a spouse. If an individual’s spouse seeks to relocate to the US, an immigrant visa will be required. After three years of residency in the US, a Lawful Permanent Resident who is married to an American citizen may apply to become a naturalized US citizen.

Can I expedite the processing of my fiancé(e) visa?

We know it takes time to process any visa and unfortunately it is in the control of the US embassy processing the applications and varies case-by-case. However, in general, a fiancé(e) visa application may be slightly quicker than an application for an immigrant visa, as immigrant visa petitions are taking longer to be processed and approved by the USCIS in the United States.

Can my partner or common-law spouse who is a US citizen sponsor me for immigration?

The immigration law of the United States unfortunately does not recognize common-law marriages. Thus, American citizens cannot submit petitions for immigrant visas on behalf of a common-law marriage partner.

Can the application for a fiancé(e) visa be submitted while the fiancé(e) is in the US?

No, this is not possible. The fiancé(e) visa applicant must apply for the fiancé(e) visa at a US Embassy or Consulate outside the United States.

Do Children need to attend a visa interview?

Applicants who are registered for immigration as the spouse, parent, child (i.e. under 21 years of age) of a US citizen must attend an interview at a US Embassy. However, applicants under the age of 14 who are intending to obtain status from an immigrant, fiancé(e) or Kii petitioner, who are applying for the visa at the same time as the parent are not required to be present at a US Embassy for an interview.

How soon will I get my immigrant visa?

Typically, visa processing takes anywhere between 7 to 10 business days. Your documents will be returned to you via the method you selected during the application process.

What do I do if my application is refused”

From the date of refusal, applicants will be granted 12 months to gather and provide the missing documents to reapply for and enter the USA on the immigrant visa. If you cannot provide sufficient documentation, you will need to reapply for an immigrant visa paying all required fees.

We Offer The Best Visa Application Services

We help you understand and navigate through the immigration process, leaving you stress free with enough time to comfortably plan your new life abroad.

Scroll to Top